The new online banking update has been rolled out! Upon first sign-on, you’ll notice we now require a “One-Time Passcode” to access your account. Although the application looks the same, there are some new functions and enhanced security features.
New features include:
- One-Time Passcode – via Text, Email or Voice
- Email Change Alert – Now a standard feature, you’ll be notified if your email has been updated through online banking
- Member-to-Member Transfers now allow you to save a Payee (i.e. George’s Checking & George’s Savings)
- Update your contact info within online banking
- Improved Menu options
- Improved Account List View (upgraded from account tiles)
- Family Manager – Set up various access levels for everyone that needs to view your account. Stay tuned for more details!
We thank you for your patience and cooperation in helping us improve your online banking platform. As always, please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns you may have – we value your feedback!
Whether you are new to SRIFCU or a long-time member, we are looking for those who are passionate about improving the SRI Federal Credit Union online banking experience. With an online banking upgrade rolling out in late summer, we are looking for beta testers to help us shape the user experience.
To be an SRIFCU online banking beta tester, you will need to:
- Submit an email request to email@example.com
- Receive pre-release beta software updates that may exhibit some stability issues, including occasional crashes, freezes, interface issue, etc. (Please keep this in mind if your account is a joint account)
- Report bugs, issues, feedback on a regular basis via e-mail and surveys
If you are interested in improving the user experience through online banking, we want to hear from you.
The credit union has a new Online Banking provider. This will allow members more choices of how to transfer money. The new system will require you to go through a validation process including setting up a new username and password. We have had some reports of members having trouble with the validation process. Please stick with us – once all the kinks get worked out you will love the new system.
• TRUSTS: If you have a trust account with the credit union, you will need to use the birthday of the trust as it is in our system. You probably don’t know this date so please contact us to get this date.
• STATEMENTS-On the Android Mobile App: Android phones don’t handle PDF files very well and you may find that statements are not coming up. This is a known issue with Android phones and if you have a PDF reader installed, it “should” come up. For now, please access your statements on a desktop computer (or with an Apple phone or tablet).
• BILL PAYMENTS-Bill payments, including recurring bills, did transfer over properly and are working. The new bill payment system works slightly different. Instead of taking the funds immediately from your account, if a check is issued, the funds are withdrawn when the check clears your account. For electronic payments, the funds are withdrawn when the transfer is made.
There are many new ways to transfer money including:
Electronic Deposit Time Frames
|Type of Electronic Deposit||Product Name on Online banking||Deposit time frame|
|Member to Member (M2M)||Member to Member||Real time|
|Person to Person (P2P)||Pay Someone||Next business day|
|Account to Account (A2A)*||External Transfer||2-3 business days|
|Bill Payment**||Bill Pay||Up to 7 business days|
**Bill Payments can take up to 7 business days depending on what method they are sent out (paper check or electronic transfer).
Click here for Mobile Banking FAQs
On April 17th our new website goes live! That’s right, this isn’t a late April Fool’s joke. Our staff has worked long and hard to bring you a new and improved website.
There have been a lot of changes behind the scenes at the credit union recently. We have a new chip card machine that instant-issues cards (debit and credit) in our office. Chip cards are also known as EMV (Europay/MasterCard/Visa) cards. They reduce fraud by creating a one-time passcode for every transaction and will also improve acceptance of cards in the United States and abroad.
Rick Valderrama (project lead) has been working very hard with a group of members to beta-test the new cards. The pilot program has a lot of moving parts, including new card designs, new encryption keys, a new server and crypto box, and changes to the method of reordering existing cards. The new cards have been successfully tested on a number of different transaction types. They work great and we will be rolling them out soon to all members. If you are eager to get one, please let us know! They are available now. If you see Rick around, say “thanks” for a great job on this!
Get extra cash in your pocket when you bring your auto loans to the credit union. In October, November and December, receive 1% cash back (up to $500) when you bring your auto loan home to the credit union. In addition, there are no payments required for the first 90 days!
Home loan rates are at an all-time low! If your home loan is not here at the credit union, this might be the chance to reduce your rate and your payments! Feel free to give our loan expert, Apryll Held, a call at 714.513.7251 or 800.200.4889 x7251.
Not only are 30-year fixed-rate loans very low, but the credit union’s 5/5 program is very attractive! The rate is fixed for five years and then changes only once every five years. Regardless of your needs, give us a chance to see if we can refinance your loan over to the credit union. (We have home equity loans, too!)
Shush – Don’t tell anyone! We have a super-secret project to revamp our home banking into a “mobile first” system next year. If you would like to be in on this early, let us know and we will add you to the pilot program team. Again, thanks to all our beta-testers! YOU make us better!