All members and SRI International employees are invited to attend SRI Federal Credit Union’s 62nd Annual Meeting to celebrate the Credit Union’s success during 2018. The meeting will be held Wednesday, March 20th, at noon in the International Building of SRI. Let us share with you the Credit Union’s 2018 financial performance, accomplishments and featured products.
Back by popular demand, Apryll Held, our Mortgage Loan Specialist, will be on site to answer any mortgage related questions you may have. To speak with Apryll one-on-one, call us at 650-859-5477 to make an appointment. Availability is limited, so be sure to schedule your appointment before spaces run out!
We will have door prizes and giveaways that won’t disappoint! If you bring a guest who is eligible to join and they become a member both of you will be entered to win a special prize and both will receive $50 dollars! Following the meeting, we invite you to enjoy food and refreshments with other members and credit union staff.
Be sure to save the date, Wednesday, March 20th, at noon. See you there.
SRI Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce that we will soon be opening our new main branch. Our new above ground branch will still be located at 333 Ravenswood Ave in Menlo Park. Its new entrance will be located to the left of the SRI building “A” lobby.
The new branch features an open floor plan that creates a comfortable, inviting atmosphere designed to enhance conversation and connection. It will feature several digital installations that will display information ranging from financial literacy to special deals and rates. Included below are pictures of the beginning of the construction.
Come and join us to celebrate our grand opening on Monday, November 12, 2018, from 11 AM to 1 pm, in the breezeway between SRI’s HR hallway and the new branch entrance (look for the balloons). In addition to great door prizes, refreshments and lunch, SRI’s Fitness center will be doing signups for any SRI employees that have not signed up yet.
Want to see how it all turned out? Make sure to mark your calendars for the special day and stay tuned for more news coming soon.
In 1957, a group of seven SRI Researchers came together to establish this credit union. They pooled their money ($5.00 each), and the credit union was born. For the first several years, it was run out of a closet. From this first $35, SRI Federal Credit Union (SRIFCU) has grown to more than 3,500 members strong, with ten employees and assets surpassing $83 million.
As we celebrate our 60th anniversary this year, we do so knowing that we have made a real difference in the financial lives of our members and in the lives of their families over the decades. Here’s a look back at our last 60 years:
- In the 60’s,ten years after the credit union started, as SRI International was inventing the mouse, Shakey the Robot, and the Internet, SRIFCU had grown to $2.3 million in assets and the members records were on a computer system at a service bureau.
- By 1977, the credit union doubled again to $5.2 million, while SRI International designed and built the first fax machine and established the operational parameters for the international wire system (SWIFT). Interest rates were close to 6% on savings accounts then!
- In the 80’s, the credit union grew to $16 million, saving rates were 9% and used auto loans were at 16%. Member’s records were moved to an in-house computer system.
- The 90’s were a period of declining rates and growth in financial products. ATM and Credit Cards were introduced, an automatic phone teller system, and real estate lending started accelerating.
- In 2000, when the real estate crisis occurred, we worked with our members to help keep their homes and their vehicles and by 2007, the credit union had grown to $47 million in assets.
- In 2017, as we celebrate 60 years in service, the credit union is $83 million in assets, over $7.2 million in capital and 3,600 members! Members enjoy a wide variety of services and products including 307 real estate loans, 407 auto loans, 1,629 Visa accounts, and 17 student loans.
- What will financial services over the next 60 years look like? Will we have credit cards? Or will all transactions be done on your cell phone? Will there be cell phones? Or will you just blink your passcode through your wireless internet glasses? Will we have passcodes anymore or just rely on thumbprints? Find out at the 60th annual meeting, which will be held at noon on Wednesday, March 15th in the International Building. Be sure to come and find out what “banking” will be like in the year 2077.
Our members are our first priority. The Board of Directors, Supervisory committee, and our staff are driven to make this year, our 60th, even better as we gear up for the next sixty years!