On June 14th from 11 am to 4 pm the credit union will be giving away FREE Popsicles. Simply fill out the survey linked here, print out the confirmation page and bring it in.
Hope to see you on Friday, June 14th from 11 am to 4 pm.
Remember, with SRI FCU anything is popsicle!
Popsicle Fun Facts: The Popsicle was invented by an 11-year-old who kept it secret for 18 years.
- The popsicle is a local invention.
- The inventor was Frank Epperson who, in 1905, left a mixture of powdered soda and water out on the porch, which contained a stir stick. That night, temperatures in San Francisco reached record low temperature. When he woke the next morning, he discovered that it had frozen to the stir stick, creating a fruit flavored ice treat that he named the Epsicle. Eighteen years later he patented it and called it the Popsicle.
- The ice pop was introduced to the public at an Oakland ball for firemen in 1922.
- May 27th is National Grape Popsicle Day.
- August 26th is National Cherry Popsicle Day.
- The Popsicle company claims that its annual sales are over two billion and that its best-selling flavor is cherry.
- On June 22, 2005, Snapple tried to beat the existing Guinness Book of World Records entry of a 1997 Dutch 21-foot ice pop by attempting to erect a 25-foot ice pop in New York City. The 17.5 short tons of frozen juice that had been brought from Edison, New Jersey in a freezer truck melted faster than expected, dashing hopes of a new record. Spectators fled to higher ground as firefighters hosed away the kiwi-strawberry-flavored mess.